
Finally, AWAKE is here. And it was with much delight I watched the movie. It's a good film, contrary to what critics said. Reviews, for me, are very relative, most of them biased or bought. I make my own judgements, and this thriller is the best I've seen in a long time. Audiences like fireworks: sex, violence, explosions, chases, horror. This is a quiet story all the way, in which every detail counts. And it's impressive, because it's so close to reality. I mean, all of that can (and does) happen. So, it works.
I left the theatre thinking about the power of deceit: who are your friends, or those you love, really? How well do we get to know one another? And then, there are doctors and nurses who are killers, instead of saviours. Of course there are. And these traps are all in this film, directed with simplicity and good taste.
The actors are ok, and Hayden wasn't this good since Life as a house, not because he wasn't good in the other films he made, but because this is the first deep dramatic role he’s in ever since. And he's so absolutely gorgeous, so angelic, I have to repeat myself in my demand: I want him to play a real angel.
I left the theatre thinking about the power of deceit: who are your friends, or those you love, really? How well do we get to know one another? And then, there are doctors and nurses who are killers, instead of saviours. Of course there are. And these traps are all in this film, directed with simplicity and good taste.
The actors are ok, and Hayden wasn't this good since Life as a house, not because he wasn't good in the other films he made, but because this is the first deep dramatic role he’s in ever since. And he's so absolutely gorgeous, so angelic, I have to repeat myself in my demand: I want him to play a real angel.
Oh, and the make out scenes, so much criticized as not convincing, they're great. I don’t think we need confirmation from Jessica that Hayden is a great kisser...
So, congrats, Hayden, you perfect thing. Now you should try to have that old idea of yours, of writing the script of Hesse's Knulp, turned into film; it's the character you need to prove your worth as an actor.
NOT A SECRET ANYMORE: The importance of Java Street in this movie inspired me to make such a wonderful man of Java my one and only Jau. Isn't life ironic?
So, congrats, Hayden, you perfect thing. Now you should try to have that old idea of yours, of writing the script of Hesse's Knulp, turned into film; it's the character you need to prove your worth as an actor.
NOT A SECRET ANYMORE: The importance of Java Street in this movie inspired me to make such a wonderful man of Java my one and only Jau. Isn't life ironic?