EMPIRE magazine chose Aliens as the best movie ever made. Like any other award, this one is also a matter of taste and opinion. I've got to say that the Alien trilogy is one of my favourites, as far as science-fiction movies are concerned. I mean trilogy, because I consider Alien 4 dreadful, not only as a single piece but, above all, as part of a series, which was a perfect trilogy that fourth installment destroyed.
Now Ridley Scott says he's coming back with Alien 5, which will be a prequel to his own Alien (1). It'll depend on the story, of course, but I gather it's going to be difficult to find something better than Alien versus Predator 1, a movie I enjoy because it's a good prequel to both Alien (1) and Predator (1). Let's wait and see what Mr. Scott is coming up with.
The last, but not the least, I reckon the magazine is right: the best of them all is the sequel, Alien 2 (Aliens), a hell of a ride to remind us of the limits of greed and of compromise.
.